[H-GEN] ppp hassles

David Starkoff dbs at humbug.org.au
Wed Dec 8 06:17:25 EST 1999

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 09:00:32PM +1000, Paul Gearon wrote:

> This is a RH 6.1 system.  Any ideas what would be killing ppp and then
> letting it run the second time around?

I believe this may be an errata issue.  Have you installed the latest
ppp RPM?

  [dbs at cardozo ~]$ rpm -q ppp
  ppp-2.3.10-3
  [dbs at cardozo ~]$ rpm -q --changelog ppp
  * Sun Nov 07 1999 Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm at redhat.com>

  - Better fix for both problems

  * Sat Nov 06 1999 Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm at redhat.com>

  - fix for double-dial problem
  - fix for requiring a controlling terminal problem

See

  http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/RHEA1999051-01.html

David.
--