[H-GEN] Is there any way to use autoresponders for email in Linux?

Ben Fowler b1.fowler at student.qut.edu.au
Sun Aug 1 08:57:10 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Ben Fowler <b1.fowler at student.qut.edu.au>)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Glen De Witt wrote:

> (Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Glen De Witt" <wrecker at universal.net.au>)
>
> Is there any way to use autoresponders for email in Linux? Sorry to be a
> little indefinite with this question, but I've been asked to look into this
> by my boss and I thought I might use the collective knowledge of the group
> to help me in my quest! Any URL's or key words I could search for would be
> much appreciated! Oh, and also, anyone know of any good docs on running
> Linux majordomo? TIA. Cheers!

I do remember something about "procmail" being useful for the task.  It's
a mail-filtering package that's very flexible and lets you do all sorts of
funky things with your incoming mail.

I hope this helps :)

- warmest regards,

Ben.

--
 Ben Fowler, 3rd Year BInfTech(CompSci, DataCommunications), QUT.
   e-mail:       ben.fowler at humbug.org.au  b1.fowler at student.qut.edu.au
   vanity page:  http://azure.humbug.org.au/~zuul/

    from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their
    apparent disinclination to do so."           -- Douglas Adams