[H-GEN] Is there any way to use autoresponders for email in Linux?

Mark Suter mark at zwitterion.humbug.org.au
Sun Aug 1 09:23:49 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Mark Suter <mark at zwitterion.humbug.org.au>)

Glen,

> Is there any way to use autoresponders for email in Linux? Sorry to be a
> little indefinite with this question, but I've been asked to look into this
> by my boss and I thought I might use the collective knowledge of the group
> to help me in my quest! Any URL's or key words I could search for would be
> much appreciated! Oh, and also, anyone know of any good docs on running
> Linux majordomo? TIA. Cheers!

Procmail is a tool that lets you do almost anything with Email.

    http://www.procmail.org/

Linux majordomo is nothing special - it's just majordomo.

    http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/

A good tool to allow users to manage their MajorDomo lists is
MajorCool.  We use it a UQ and have found it to be quite good.

    http://ncrinfo.ncr.com/pub/contrib/unix/MajorCool/

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter   | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter at humbug.org.au  | what you think I said, but I am not sure
PGP encryption is OK | you realise that what you  heard  is not
Ph: +61 4 1162 2316  | what I meant.                  anonymous