[H-GEN] Configuring Mutt

Luke Grant Luke.G at uq.net.au
Fri Sep 25 19:17:36 EDT 1998

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Anthony Towns wrote:

> I'm tipsy, so take the following with a grain of salt. Kind of like a
> tequilla, I suppose.
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 1998 at 08:45:49AM +1000, James McPherson wrote:
> > mls writes:
> >  > I've just installed Mutt on my Linux box and have used it successfully to
> >  > retreive my mail from student, but I'm having problems when I try
> >  > to send mail -- basically it is trying to send the mail from my
> >  > local address rather than from my student address. I'm sure there is a
> >  > simple solution, but I haven't yet been able to find it. I'd greatly
> >  > appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Cant say i know how sendmail on student is set up but it sounds to be like
it only alows mail to be send from within its own domain. If i am right
then the error you should recieve would be something like Error 401
Fowarding over remote network. So basicaly check that your From: is your
actual email address and not your computers address and also check that
you are not using a "Reply-To:" as this will also cause this error.

Luke Grant