[H-GEN] amd

David Makepeace D.Makepeace at uq.net.au
Wed Jun 10 02:14:13 EDT 1998

I usually edit /etc/nsswitch.conf and remove all references to "nis" and
"nisplus" so
that each entry just has the "files" keyword and maybe "dns" for hosts.
I've found
that amd will then start up quickly.  It must be looking up some
hostname which isn't
in the hosts file.

David.

David Makepeace   Ph:  +61 7 3378 4299   http://www.keays.com.au/