[H-GEN] Multiple booting....

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Mon Jan 19 17:32:58 EST 1998

Michael Anthon <anthonm at ats.com.au> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> I have decided that I wish to be able to boot either Linux/NT or 95 on my
> machine.  NT for work, 95 for games and Linux for educational purposes.
>
> Current situation is set out below.
> Now, I do not wish to re-install NT, so if I can do this without having to
> do that, I would be most happy.  I am quite prepared to repartition the
> second drive and partition the remainder of the primary drive any way that
> is required.  The 610 MB free on the secondary disk actually used to be a
> Linux install (not that it really matters)
>
> I am not even sure if it possible to install windows 95 given this
> configuration, any suggestions (constructive ones) on this area would be
> appreciated.  What's the best way to get to where I want to be from where I
> am now ??????

Make your IDE slave the master for a day.  Install '95 on it.   Change
it back to being slave.

Use LILO or GRUB to boot.

Chainload the any_d.b LILO bootloader, which fools the BIOS into
swapping the hard-disks for DOS boot.   You can do this in GRUB too,
AFAIK.

More details in the LILO doco.

Chris.

--
 chris at stallion.oz.au, when he visits the Real World, is Christopher J. Biggs
 Stallion Technologies, Australia.   Ph. +61-7-3270-4266 Fax. +61-7-3270-4245