[H-GEN] Its war!

Bradley Marshall bradm at humbug.org.au
Wed Jan 21 20:38:58 EST 1998

There's a war on, and you're invited!

Humbug-Talks is planning to resolve the question of the Greatest
Editor of All Time, and your assistance is required.  Show your
loyalty to your editor of choice, and be on an advocacy panel for
either vi(1) or emacs.

The current status of the panels is that we have 2 vi users, and 1
(yes *one*) emacs user.  On the vi side, we have Byron and Jason, and aj
holding up the emacs side.  So if you feel up to joining in, please mail
me ASAP.  We're looking for at least one more rabid vi'er, and 2
emac-type-people (which is suprising hard to find :) )

The flame^H^H^H^H^Hdebate is to be held in near-classic debating
style (yes, *just* *like* *at* *school*) with 3 or 4 speakers from
each side.  Heck^H^H^H^HComments from the audience will be welcome,
with the winner decided by popular vote.

An impartial adjudicator would be appreciated, to keep the flames to a low
simmer.  The debate is planned to start at around 7pm (after dinner).
Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there due to being in Toowoomba
during the meeting.

So come one, come all, to the premier Humbug debate, and support your
favorite editor!

Brad