[H-GEN] PPP on MkLinux

Steve Pinel stevep at ssc.qld.edu.au
Mon Sep 22 19:10:15 EDT 1997

HI,
	I'm reasonably new to Linux, and trying to learn a real operating
system after using pretend ones for a number of years.  I'm having trouble
with my ppp modem connection. PPPd can find my modem, cause it dial, etc,
but then when I try to ping a site (using 4dot notation), the machine tells
me the network is unreachable.  The modem soons drops out.  I suspect that
I have not set up my machine to logon properly with my ISP.  I need to use
PAP authentification.  I suspect that I do not need to set up username and
password in setnet-ppp, and just need my name and password in pap-secrets.
Is this true, or have i missed the boat entirely?

Steve Pinel