[H-GEN] AMD K6 Chip

Byron Ellacott s337166 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Sep 8 05:58:54 EDT 1997

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Frank Brand wrote:

> cark it [is that the Oxford Dictionary spelling for cark?])
I believe it is carc, derived from carcass.

Of course, I could be wrong.

It's happened before (!)

:)

> AMD have acknowledged the problem and documented it. I believe that
> chips produced after about week 30 (the week of build is part of the
> serial number) may have had it fixed but I have yet to determine this as
> gospel.
well, if it is fixed, then the K6 is a definite bargain .. for around $50
more than a PMMX-166, you can get a K6-200.  Or you can pay $1000 for a
Pentium-2.  Yes.

Right.

Well.

Now to save up for a new mb/cpu.