[H-GEN] Fax Server

Frank Brand fbrand at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Sat Nov 22 12:28:57 EST 1997

The memory remains wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Anthony Towns wrote:
>
> > Has anyone played around with fax modems under Linux?
>
> > The reason I ask is I'd like to set up a RedHat box to serve as a
> > fax-server for Win95 machines, in particular to support mass-mailouts [1]
> > by fax.

I am about to try hylaFAX myself. I notice there are binaries also
available that might releave some grief encountered by AJT. On the
hylaFAX page it also makes note of some potential modem glitches.

My searches have revealed that there are not many packages available and
that hylaFAX is probably the best.

PS BTW I apologise for wasting your collective bandwidth throught the
week with some personal type replies. I just automatically replied
before I realised that the reply would be public thru humbug
--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Homepage: http://www.uq.edu.au/~zzfbrand