[H-GEN] Fax Server

The memory remains memory at humbug.org.au
Fri Nov 21 11:35:28 EST 1997

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Has anyone played around with fax modems under Linux?

> The reason I ask is I'd like to set up a RedHat box to serve as a
> fax-server for Win95 machines, in particular to support mass-mailouts [1]
> by fax.

	I haven't actually done much work with them, since I don't send many
faxes, and noone really send me any either (funny...).  Since noone else
has mentioned it though, I thought I'd point out the mgetty+sendfax
possiblity.  mgetty is a general purpose getty which also understands
fax, and will spool them for you on the incoming end, and sendfax works
along the same lines as sendmail (you put faxes in a spool, and every
couple of minutes it'll try and send them).

	I haven't really seen any of the other systems, but the simplicity
of this system gets me here <pounds chest>.  It comes with some tools for
conversion between various formats, of which g3 is the primary one it
uses.

	<sneaks back into his own little world>

        The memory remains <memory at techie.com>

	I won't be held responsible.