[H-ADMIN] HUMBUG mailing lists

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Oct 30 07:25:37 AEST 2016

On Sun, 2016-10-30 at 21:03 +1000, Joel Addison wrote:
> From this, I take it that the reverse DNS has not fixed the issue
> with Gmail.

It has been fixed.  The ticket was submitted the the night we discussed
it, and openvirtuals acted on it a short while later.

    $ host excalibur.humbug.org.au
    excalibur.humbug.org.au has address 192.227.243.198
    excalibur.humbug.org.au has IPv6 address fd00::c0e3:f3:c600:0:0
    $ host 192.227.243.198
    198.243.227.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer excalibur.humbug.org.au.

The IPv6 address is a bit of a worry - we don't have one.

Clinton and I had a chat about the Google issue when I drove him home.
The one remaining problem is we do get the occasional piece of spam
through our lists.  Google probably doesn't like it.

We only get spam through the open lists - ie, ones you don't need to be
subscribed to post to.  A straight forward fix is to tell mailman any
post from a non-member to this lists must be held up for moderation.