[H-ADMIN] HUMBUG mailing lists

Joel Addison jaddi27 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 07:03:22 AEST 2016

On the day of the last meeting a number of people received emails saying that they had been unsubscribed from the General mailing list. I clicked the link to re-enable my membership, hoping that would be the end of it. However, two days ago I got another email saying I had been unsubscribed from the General list. And now, somewhat more concerning, is that I got an email saying that president@ had been unsubscribed from the exec mailing list for excessive bounces.

From this, I take it that the reverse DNS has not fixed the issue with Gmail. I have subscribed to General using another email address (also gmail hosted) and I seem to be getting the emails through that (they show up in spam, but that is a lot better than never getting them at all. Hopefully the filter can be trained to accept that list).

I have updated what I can find on the server to point president@ to my other address, but I’m not sure on the command I need to run to actually get the change into production. Would someone be able to run that, or let me know what I need to run to do it?