[H-ADMIN] FW: WB/IT&EESCHL/Humbug Computer Club

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Dec 20 22:06:58 EST 2015

On Mon, 2015-12-21 at 02:37 +0000, Lou Wheeler wrote:
> TSM who look after University rooms are clamping down on usage due to
> damage by user groups.  Please refer to their message below to see if
> it will work for you.

Thanks for the reply Lou.

If I'm reading the prices correctly even at a 50% discount, Humbug's
current booking would cost the club around $5000/yr, and we would need
to get public liability insurance.  Humbug's current income is $500/yr,
so that isn't possible for us.

The message below hints at way out - somehow becoming "affiliated with
UQ".  I don't have a clue if or how we could do that right now, so it is
going to take some time to explore.

Could you suggest anybody within ITEE that could give us some advice?

--
Regards,
Russell Stuart