[H-ADMIN] Moving Excalibur

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Mon Apr 15 21:56:46 EDT 2013

My vote would be to use Amazon's voucher as the first step. And then to
make an alternate on a Pi.

On 16 April 2013 11:39, Russell Stuart <russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:

> Our current provider, Stephen Thorne, has decided it's time to retire
> the Linode host we are running Excalibur on.  (I think this was prompted
> by the recent Linode exploit, followed by the VM refusing to boot after
> a migration.)
> So we have to move.  This isn't a huge issue for us, as Amazon has given
> us a $500 voucher for EC2 which that have said they will renew every
> year and if for some reason that doesn't suite there are plenty of very
> affordable (to Humbug) VPS's out there now under the $50/year.  In fact,
> if we were game we could buy a Raspberry Pi, put a 8Gb SDCARD in it and
> host it for free.
> So the main issue is getting our act together.  Fortunately we have
> time.
> _______________________________________________
> Admin mailing list
> Admin at lists.humbug.org.au
> http://lists.humbug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/admin
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.humbug.org.au/pipermail/admin/attachments/20130416/469bb9f3/attachment.html>

More information about the Admin mailing list