[H-GEN] USB WiFi stick for older MacBook Pro.

Simon ELLIS ellis777 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 19 12:30:58 UTC 2018

Hello everyone.

A friend has an older MacBook Pro (mid 2010 13 inch, Mac OS High Sierra
) with a failed Airport adapter (dual band).

As it is more than 6 years old Apple does not support it and new parts
are not available.

Rather than pay $200 - $250 to have it repaired with a used part, I
suggested buying a USB WiFi adapter but I do not know which ones are
compatible with MacBooks and Mac OS X.

What is a good, supported, easy to install, dual band ac, USB WiFi
adapter for an Apple MacBook Pro and Mac OS High Sierra?

Simon Ellis.