[H-GEN] In Memory of Gary Curtis

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at lusan.id.au
Tue Oct 25 07:38:58 AEST 2016

On Tue, 2016-10-25 at 05:50 +1000, Greg Black wrote:

> I'm really sorry that this happened. I have now removed Gary's email
> address from all the Humbug lists that he was subscribed to.

I have to admit that reading that comment made me a bit angry.

For those of us who had known Gary for a long time, and knew the story
of how he came to buy those plates, it was a comment in poor taste.
Over the last 20 years I got to know Gaz pretty well, he always had
some interesting things on the go - from his php genealogy task to
series of scripts designed to detect duplicate images. For many years
he was part of the "first in, last out" group that helped provide
routing machines to early meetings that would have at least 100
computers attached, he truly was a first generation HUMBUGger, and one
who loved the club and did much for it over the years. He has left an
indelible mark on all of us who knew him.

--
Nikolai Lusan <nikolai at lusan.id.au>