[H-GEN] UQ room bookings have hit a snag

Russell Stuart russell at stuart.id.au
Mon Dec 21 00:19:01 EST 2015

On Mon, 2015-12-21 at 13:45 +1000, Aguido Davis wrote:
> There would be details to sort out around opening and closing, but a
> key for the purpose is available for loan, if someone is willing to
> sign it out each fortnight.

That would not be a problem.  We effectively do it with UQ security now.

> On the other hand, it's probable EAIT could do something similar for
> you, they have more buildings than we do.

It certainly seems like they would be the more appropriate home for us,
but UQ has a funny history in this area.  In the past the Psychology
Department has been a home for the local population of open source nerds
[0].

Anyway, given the time of year it's going to take a few weeks to explore
the options.  We will get back to you once the fog clears.

Members: at this stage, it looks like the Jan 2 meeting is off.

[0] http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/linux/apache/ch13_06.htm Note
    the ftp://ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSL/ download address
    for SSLeay, which was later renamed to openssl.