[H-GEN] Old laptops

Rod Hurford rod.hurford at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:12:59 EST 2015

Good Morning Humbug,

I have 2 old laptops I no longer require/want.
I thought that others may have a use for them (or could suggest a use for
them?).

They are:
1. HP Pavillion dv5, 4GB RAM, Intel Centrino 2(dual core P8600 @ 2.4GHz),
320GB hard drive (still has HP recovery partition, I think). Currently dual
booting vista (!) and an old installation of gentoo I toyed with. Battery
is completely stuffed. Keyboard is missing the "m" key (although the
contact is still there and working).

2. Lenovo thinkpad T61 with a port replicator - purchased 2nd hand off ebay
for express purpose of running linux so has no windows traces left on it.
Also has Intel centrino (dual core T7300 @2GHz), 4GB RAM but only has 80Gb
hard drive (I thought about an SSD but decided a replacement laptop would
be just as affordable - now have a T410 also purchased 2nd hand off ebay).
Replaced battery not long after purchase and this battery is still
functioning albeit with much reduced operating time - haven't timed it but
I suspect somewhere around an hour. I dropped this once so the corner of
the case has a piece of plastic broken off.

Both laptops are available for no cost (i.e. "free to a good home").
If anyone is interested, please contact me on rod.hurford at gmail.com.

If I can't give them away they'll go to the tip. I'm not in a real hurry to
throw them out but they are taking up space.....

Thanks
Rod