[H-GEN] Text of motions for constitutional changes I will be putting at the AGM

matt matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Mon Aug 17 03:52:53 EDT 2015

Will we be sponsoring Pycon students next year I don't think so. Will I
lose another cash box given we haven't got another again I don't think
so. Is the meetup account really worth it ... possibly.

Backup fees, domain registration fees and VM hosting fees yes definitely
but that would be a lot less then membership even with a $5 discount.

"(And besides, is the $5 jump really so big it's worth discussing?)" mmm
yes given that the club really is a shadow of it's former self because
to be honest with you I don't see much future. Don't get me wrong I love
the club. I want to see it grow but with $8865.00+ in the bank I see
that as less a blessing and more like a problem.

What do we do with it when we can't get quorum at an AGM? Disband? Who
do we pass all that money to.

I realise with your proxy move you will get more than enough votes to
get your way but I ask the membership to think before they let you be
they're proxy rather than come in themselves. What plans do we really
have? Because right now I see no contingency plans for if the group goes
belly up.

Matt