[H-GEN] Text of motions for constitutional changes I will be putting at the AGM

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Aug 17 03:28:00 EDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-08-17 at 17:17 +1000, matt wrote:
> Does the club really need more money than what we already
> have given the membership and turn out numbers?

We spent more than our membership income (as at the last exec meeting)
on sponsoring Pycon students this year.  There are also backup fees,
domain registration fees and VM hosting fees.  Fortunately we managed to
get LA to sponsor our meetup account, otherwise it would be another
$150 / year.  Add on the money we lost in the cash box, and we probably
made a loss.

Yes, it is true we have money in our bank accounts.  But that is mostly
because you have someone notoriously tight managing expenditure.

(And besides, is the $5 jump really so big it's worth discussing?)