No subject

Fri Jan 31 06:23:24 EST 2014

>From suter  Tue Oct  2 23:25:40 2001
From: "Dale Stewart" <dalek1 at optushome.com.au>
To: <general at lists.humbug.org.au>
Subject: Re: [H-GEN] Linux Workstation - Windows replacement
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:52:21 +1000

Hi Guys,

Linux Newbie's first post to the list...so please be gentle..

I seem to remember reading somewhere that some comapnies that have adopted
the linux model (both workstations & servers) simply have your standard dual
boot machine and use Wine (or something similar) to run their windows apps
that are still living on their windows partition. In effect getting the best
of both worlds. I'm not sure if you can run IE through the windows emualtors
currently available.
I'm not sure if this would meet your needs.
Hope I have helped..as Rob said..Please flame away if needed.

Regards

Dale

The box says "Requires windows 98 or better"......So I installed Linux....