[H-GEN] Hello from new member

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Mar 17 23:48:57 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 09:52 +1000, Marek Knappe wrote:
> I'm new HUMBUG member, maybe not officially now , but that's just
> paperwork I think.

Indeed.

> I came to Australia 6 months ago from Poland, as Linux Administrator,
> so now searching for some community to be involved with.

I hope you like the social aspect of Humbug.  But there are a few others
around as well.  If you remember to ask when you are next at Humbug, I
point a few out for you.

> I came to Australia 6 months ago from Poland, as Linux Administrator,
> so now searching for some community to be involved with. Also as I
> don't know about your level of experience, i would propose some topics
> that I can do some talks about, and maybe if somebody will be
> interested and the execs from HUMBUG allow me I can do some training
> or practice session.
>
> Topics:
> - Linux basics
> - *NIX shell
> - AIX Basics
> - LVM
> - AIX Advanced (VIO/PowerVM/PowerHA)
> - Security/hacking basics
> - Common Web attack method
> - MySQL performance tunning
> - MySQL replication
> - Big environment designs
> - High Availability environment designs
> - preparation to RHCSA
> - preparation to RHCE
> - Jump from small environment to big one
> - Virtualization basics
> - Some topics from Vmware ESX and XenCenter

Boy, you know how to make yourself popular don't you?  We are always
looking for talks, and most of these would be interesting at Humbug.  If
you wanted to make a start, Common Web attack methods sounds
interesting.