[H-GEN] Google Reader refugees hijacked to owncloud

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 01:11:05 EDT 2013

Thanks for the info.

>>    * reliability
> It's just a standard web app, but I'm pretty sure clustering would be
> relatively easy. My instance does not have this set up though. You can also
> hook in external storage services (as a user!) such as Dropbox, Amazon S3,
> SMB (probably needs admin), Google Drive, FTP, WebDAV etc. so if ownCloud
> goes down you can use alternate interfaces.

> ownCloud is made to federate so it is easy to build up some redundancy by
> taking advantage of this.

All very interesting, I didn't know about the integration with google
drive (my current drug of choice).

> I see you missed points to do with privacy and lock-in... ownCloud is a User
> Data Manifesto compliant application. (http://userdatamanifesto.org)

I had already read this with interest. I do have a few machines out
there in the cloud but was more interested in setting this up on my
home machine via DynDNS over a slow ADSL connection. Just wondering if
this is a good idea of if I should throw a few $$ towards a cloud
server with a ton of space for backup.

Must try.

ta