[H-GEN] linux weekly news podcast

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed May 16 03:50:19 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 20:46 +1000, Clinton Roy wrote:

> [

> This is really the main reason I can't be bothered, I don't know of
> anyone who listens
> to podcasts on a fully fledged Linux computer.

I only use linux, and android - podcasts on opensuse and ubuntu desktops
not an issue

> As the content is not mine, I feel very uncomfortable modifying it in anyway,
> if we and the content owner get comfortable, then maybe in the future we can
> branch out.

rightly so, as you shouldn't modify it.

this "omg u must only use open formats"  bullshit amuses me.

facts of life are mp3 is widespread and well known, even a 5yo kid would
know what it is, and what to do with it, how many 25yo's or 35yo's even
know WTF ogg is... despite its tiny fanbase, ogg has not taken off, nor
will it, certainly not anywhere near to the extent of mp3, common sense
says if you put it out there for the masses, you put it out there in
away they can use it.

/rant