[H-GEN] linux weekly news podcast

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Tue May 15 06:46:42 EDT 2012

On 15 May 2012 19:47, Paul Gear <humbug at libertysys.com.au> wrote:

> I can't understand how anyone can criticise Clinton for providing
> something that costs them no time, energy, or freedom.  If you want Ogg
> format, offer to help him provide it.  Otherwise, say nothing and move
> along.

I'm fine with criticism, and fully expected some on this issue.

> I for one never listen to podcasts on my Linux boxes.  I listen using my
> old Nokia E63 plugged into my car stereo during my commute - and it
> doesn't support Ogg at all.

This is really the main reason I can't be bothered, I don't know of
anyone who listens
to podcasts on a fully fledged Linux computer.

> Clinton, if i have any constructive criticism to offer, it's that the
> format is a little dry.

Did you get all the way to the outtakes at the end? ;)

> Perhaps getting a couple of people in the same
> room to quickly summarise the story (rather than reading it verbatim)
> and then discuss it a little more interactively would be a more useful
> (and possibly more efficient) format.

As the content is not mine, I feel very uncomfortable modifying it in anyway,
if we and the content owner get comfortable, then maybe in the future we can
branch out.

> [1] http://risky.biz/ - weekly security podcast
> [2] http://packetpushers.net/ - weekly-ish networking podcast
> - both highly recommended