[H-GEN] Wireless, the NBN and the Sun

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Sep 18 06:30:00 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-09-18 at 16:30 +1000, Jared Norris wrote:
> From reading the website it appears you have to purchase one of their
> specific devices before you can join them.

Yeah, that's what I assumed.  It almost has to be that way.  As soon as
you install one you get free bandwidth at all the other fon host spots.
That only works if you are forced to share your bandwidth as well.  And
the only way to prevent cheating is to lock down the device.

But the code is public, and so your free to try and set up a similar
network:

  http://trac.fonosfera.org/fon-ng