[H-GEN] Prepaid mobile for irregular use?

Vince Sutton writetovince at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 04:12:56 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Sandra Mansell <sandra at mansell.id.au> wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>
> On 11/10/2011 7:06 PM, Ben Martin wrote:
>>
>>   Not really on topic for the list, but the recent phone thread prompted
>> me to throw the question out there. Anyone have recommendations for a
>> SIM that is prepaid and used very irregularly. ie, high lifespan for
>> existing credit.
>
> I have an ancient Vodafone pre-paid sim that is on the "365 days" plan. I
> have no idea if they still allow this plan for new signups and it's a 2G sim
> so it might not even be an option for a 3G service.
>
> Sandra.
> --
> sandra at mansell.id.au
> "If you think you are too small to make
> a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."
>        -- Dalai Lama XIV

AmaySim Prepaid might suit. If I read the T&Cs right, credit applied
lasts for 90 days, but unused credit rolls over into a fresh 90 day
period each time you recharge if you do it within 90 days. Call and
SMS costs seem reasonable, too.

Caveat: haven't used that plan myself, but am reasonably happy with
its sibling $40p/m mostly unlimited + 4GB mobile data plan, and am
considering swapping over to this plan next month to trim call costs.
I understand you can swap from one to the other as you like.

Regards, Vince