[H-GEN] Smaller Android mobile phones

Daniel Devine devine at ddevnet.net
Fri Oct 7 09:39:53 EDT 2011

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 16:47:27 +1000, Gary Curtis wrote:

> Daniel
showed me his phone a few weeks/months ago and it looked about the
right
> size and I seem to recall that it was running Gingerbread. Does
anyone know what
> make/model it was? Hello... Daniel?

It's a Huawei
Ideos u8150 running the Cyanogen Mod port from the Ideos Dev Team -
http://ideosdevteam.blogspot.com/p/gingerman-cyanogen-mod-7.html. It's
faster than with stock firmware but it is still not a speed demon.
Depends on how shit her current phone is whether it is suitable or
not.

I think the HTC Wildfire S is a good phone (and cheap)
http://www.jbhifi.com.au/phones/htc/wildfire-s-sku-70717/ and I think it
also has an officially supported Cyanogen Mod port.

--
Daniel Devine