[H-GEN] Linux file system problems

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon May 2 04:17:24 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 17:55 +1000, Gavin Duley wrote:
> Many thanks for the suggestions. Any other suggestions you could think of too would be appreciated...

This is a Wild Ass Guess, but its possible the problem that is causing
your boot to fail is also now causing the live CD problems.  Ie, the
live CD tried to mount it, caused mess and you can not umount as a
consequence.

So, I'd try preventing the live CD from automounting them.  I don't know
how to do that.  The first thing you could try is changing the partition
type.