[H-GEN] FW: Cannot login into Ubuntu 10.04 LTS after installing UberStudent in multiboot because of Gnome Power Manager's config defaults

Clarissa Womack clarissa.womack at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 08:13:27 EDT 2011

Hello there

I installed UberStudent DVD edition on my laptop yesterday in a multi-boot
configuration with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Windows 7.

I now cannot login to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS because at login, Ubuntu states that
"the configuration defaults for gnome power manager have not been installed
correctly"

Last night, I posted to Ubuntu forums
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1773483 but have not yet received a
reply.

Can I do something from the command-line in recovery mode?

Or can I use the Live CD?

Please note that I have just changed from daily-digest mode to individual
emails. You may want to post at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1773483 as I receive instant
notification.

I am planning to go to HUMBUG next Saturday but would like this issue
resolved soon as possible - I want a reinstallation of Ubuntu 10.04 to be
the last resort.

Thanking everyone very much.

Clarissa Womack