[H-GEN] MacBook booting problems

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Fri Feb 25 02:43:27 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 17:25, Gavin Duley
<gavin at microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> I currently have a dead MacBook. [...]

Judging from what you describe, I'd say the smart thing would be to
get as much fun as you can from clubbing it to death with a heavy
blunt object or an axe or whatever floats your boat. Then buy
something new (and therefore more reliable) to run Linux on.  Lenovo
are having specials at present and you can get something pretty good
for not much money.

Try

http://shopap.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/auweb/LenovoPortal/en_AU/builder.workflow:Enter?sb=:000000AD:00000355:&smid=DC128DD55E1E4590825C5113D0442892#

It's a horrible URL, but has some good deals.

Greg

PS: Restoring from Time Machine is not a reliable way to go, just in
case you haven't yet had that pain. I certainly won't ever use Time
Machine again, except as an example of how not to do things.