[H-GEN] LCA2011 over: back to HUMBUG

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Feb 18 00:32:04 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 17:08 +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
> Marco, being the enterprising man he is, has snaffled some schwag for
> us.  He suggested we give it away at an O'Week stall, which is on
> Wednesday the 23'rd of Feb.  Seems like a dammed good idea to me.
>
> The only problem is we have tried to get permission to have a stall at
> O'Week in the past.  We have never succeeded (as in got permission) as
> far as I am aware.

Marco has pulled off what can only be described as a miracle, has spoken
directly with the ITEE school manager, and has got her permission for us
(ie Humbug representative(s)) to the ITEE 1st year introduction days on
Monday, Tuesday next week.  I gather this consists of hauling all the
1st years into Hawkin 101 or similar at around 8:30 AM, and explaining
the ground rules and telling them all how great their time at ITEE will
be.

During that time we will be able to give away schwag, and it this stage
it looks like we will also be able to stand up and give a little speech
promoting ourselves as well.

Macro is also working on getting us to a OCA (the ITEE sponsored
computer club) O'Week stand, but whether that happens is iffy.

I am now looking for volunteers to turn up the required times.  Bodies
will be required to:

  - Hand out schwag,
  - Answer questions,
  - Give the talk.

I will do my damnedest to be there myself of course, but I am hoping
there will be several of us.  I'll be approaching you _all_ at the
meeting.