[H-GEN] HP DL380 G3

gavin duley gavin at microcomaustralia.com.au
Tue Feb 8 22:30:53 EST 2011

On 9 Feb 2011, at 13:20, Daniel Devine wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a HP server that needs a home. Its a good machine for running fake virtualisation on (Paravirtualisation, linux vserver, OpenVZ, Jails). I can let it go for around $120 or free if you are particularly deserving charity/project.

I'd certainly be interested in taking it off your hands, and could pick it up at a HUMBUG meeting (hoping to come to the one on the 19th).

I'm not a particularly deserving cause, though, it'd just be something fun for me to mess around with. I'd probably set it up as a home server. If anyone else has a better use for it, I wouldn't object to them getting it instead.

> I haven't seen it for a few months so the specs are as I remember:
> HP DL380 G3
> 4GB RAM (lots of space left for more)
> 4 x 36GB SCSI
> 2 x 3GHz P4 processors
> ILO remote management
> Redundant PSUs.

It does sound like a very nice machine.

thanks,

gavin,

--
Honestly, if you're given the choice between Armageddon or tea, you don't say 'What kind of tea?'
		-- Neil Gaiman

Gavin Duley
<gavin at microcomaustralia.com.au> <gpd at sdf-eu.org>
WWW: http://www.gavinduley.org/