[H-GEN] now cable capture

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Thu Oct 7 10:56:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, James Mills wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Tony Bilbrough <tony at bilbrough.com.au> wrote:
>> just wondering if there is a 'roll your own' system to record foxtel?
>> Say something along the lines of Mythbuntu?

MythTV is used by people all over the world.

> My colleague whom works for FoxTel says this is not possible.

I have used a TV capture card and MythTV to do this with the cable system
here in Canada.  As long as Foxtel is transmitting a signal a TV can
receive I can't see how they can stop it.

It worked fine with 'basic cable'.  I tried it with digital cable but the
problem comes when you want to change the digital TV channel.  Solutions
do exist where you rig up a remote under the control of MythTV but it was
more hassle than I wanted :)

Cheers,

Rob

--