[H-GEN] Ancient HUMBUG meeting equipment disposal.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 04:38:18 EDT 2010

For quite some many years, I have been storing the ancient HUMBUG
networking equipment on behalf of the club at my place.  It's sitting
in an out of the way corner just collecting dust, and has been since it
arrived.  At the time HUMBUG retired it, I was secretary, and
volunteered my space.  Dunno how well records have been kept since
then, but the librarian should have a record of that somewhere.

Hard rubbish day is coming here soon, and that got me thinking that it
might be OK to just dispose of this ancient equipment if HUMBUG
actually has no further use for it.  Other options are -

A)   HUMBUG donates it to some worthy cause.
2)   HUMBUG donates it to some member that has a good use for it.
III) It stays in my dusty little corner.
3.1) It moves to some other HUMBUG members dusty little corner.
4th) HUMBUG writes it off as a tax loss and disposes of it officially.

I really don't care one way or the other, except I don't feel like
lugging it around myself if that is needed.  Well, not lugging it any
further than my curbside.  lol

If needed, I'll drag it out and itemise what I have here if people
actually need to know.

I've not used it myself, only using half the capacity of my own
networking gear, so never had a need for it.

It's up to HUMBUG to decide what to do with it though.  I await your
decision.