[H-GEN] Mobo + CPU + RAM + PSU

Mick bareman at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 5 22:04:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:21:22 +1000
Mick <bareman at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> My father's system has developed a fault I can fix, when he turns it
> on it starts to cycle up for a few seconds the switches off and starts
> over.
>
> I replaced the mobo, cpu & power supply which solved the problem for a
> week, but today its done it again. nothing is getting hot and there is
> no visible faults so I guess its time for a replacement.
>
> I was thinking I might upgrade my 2.4GHz core2 duo E4600 + 2gig ddr2
> and pass on the replaced parts.
>
> Can anyone suggest what to get and someone reliable and inexpensive in
> the Petrie/Kallanga area?
>
> mik

Dad started his system this morning, before all the neighbours turned
their air conditioners on and it is running fine except that partition
/dev/sda1 & the grub loader had disapeared.

Don't you just love Queensland's 3rd world power system.

At least he has had plenty of experience installing ubuntu so he is a
happy chappy (for now).

Thanks for all the advice

/\/\ik