[H-GEN] Hosting Overo COMS (ARM based server!)

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 03:39:48 EST 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:03:54 +1000 Daniel Devine <devine at ddevnet.net>
wrote:

> I am looking around for a few people who are interested in getting a
> Gumstix Overo Tide hosted in a datacenter.

Not sure what the point of putting something the size of a matchbox in
a datacentre is.  Though I have seen design efforts to make a rack full
of hundreds of them them.  These things are designed more for mobile
phones than datacentres.  They usually run off batteries or a wall wart.

Even the stage coach, a motherboard designed to hold seven of those
Overos on it, is still very foreign to datacentres.  It fits in the
palm of your hand, not in a rack.  Though I do have plans to put one
inside my keyboard. B-)