[H-GEN] Linux IT Support Services

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Tue May 4 19:17:15 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 23:31 +1000, Neil Scott wrote:
> Hi, The company I work for is currently looking into changing their mail
> servers and mail clients. I have suggested taking a Linux server route.
> One concern raised this far is that of the lack of technical support. I
> am in the process of doing up a proposal to the directors and I was
> wandering if anyone on this list could provide company names that
> support Linux in the Brisbane area. The head office is in South Brisbane
> if that makes any difference. Let me know if you require any further
> details.

A "drop in and forget" solution is http://www.netboxblue.com.au/

Never used them myself so I can't personally vouch for them, but:

- They are based in Brisbane (in the valley),
- It is Linux based,
- A remarkable (well remarkable to me) and growing number of local
companies have their name at the bottom of their emails, implying they
use netboxblue,
- They provide the hosting for www.humbug.org.au,
- They host the Brisbane Python Users Group's monthly meetings.
http://groups.google.com/group/brispy

If you use some inhouse Microsoft based server solution such as SBS to
provide an internet interface (email, virus scanning, web proxy, ...),
and want to replace it with a no-maintenance hands off thingy that is
better than what MS provides, Netbox Blue isn't a bad choice.  One word
of caution: if you actually want to have an excuse to get your hands
dirty and fiddle with the server yourself, Netbox blue isn't what you
are after.  It is an appliance, remotely maintained by Netbox.  They
frown on people wanting to fiddle with it.