[H-GEN] Android lock screen

Loquacity loquacities at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 20:58:19 EDT 2010

Not sure about data encryption, but with mine you can set up a SIM card
lock, an unlock pattern for the phone, and use encrypted certificates etc.

On 19 July 2010 17:52, Clinton Roy <clinton.roy at gmail.com> wrote:

> My 2.0 device has the option of a PIN lock screen. I've got no idea about
> internal data encryption.
>
> Sent from my phone, sorry if the message is terse.
>
> On 19 Jul 2010 17:40, "Daniel Devine" <devine at ddevnet.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have finally bought a device to run Android 2.1 but haven't received
> yet - probably 2 to 4 weeks.
>
> Can you lock the screen in a way that you need some type of pin-code
> to unlock? I am just thinking about physical security.
> While I am asking - what security features does Android have in
> general to stop somebody from picking up my device and looking at my
> email? What if they pull the memory out of it and mount the file
> system?
>
> --Daniel Devine

Cheers! Lana

I seldom end up where I wanted to go. But I almost always end up where I
needed to be.
  - Douglas Adams

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more