[H-GEN] Vice President Report

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Fri Feb 5 05:44:02 EST 2010

== Vice Presidents Report ==
(Note: Wiki version has been included within the minutes already)

==== Required Tasks ====
Task: To advertise OSDC on the main page. Status: Not completed. Deep down I felt it was too little to late as there was a very small time window for people to attend.
Task: To organize the pack up rooster. To get new room bookings. Status: Partially completed. I will fill it out as the year progresses.
Task: To get new room bookings. Status: Completed for the first 6 months see meetings report.
Task: Post help information to the wiki to help people use the lists more effectively. StatusCompleted enough to say I have done it but I should include more information.

==== Meetings Report ====
'''Meetings Rosters:''' So far we now have roosters up to the 1/5/2010. I'll complete these further as the year progresses.

'''Room Bookings:''' I chased up our room bookings in mid November. I was informed that we would need to have insurance cover in order to obtain the room bookings. I found out that Linux Australia (LA) had supplied us with our cover last year. I then talked to the Secretary of LA in relation to obtaining insurance for the meetings. He then sent me the pdf certificate (Sun 6/12/09). I sent it off as an email to room bookings (7/12/09) and got an email (9/12/09) and a form to fill out via snail mail (10/12/09 they just needed the signature). Sent it back via express post (10/12/09). Got notice that they had received it and were processing it. After a few emails to the room bookings department I found out the head of the department was doing an audits of room bookings. That the head would therefor be looking at HUMBUG's case for room bookings. At that point Russell stepped in and talked to the Secretary of ITS on the 22/12/09 asking him for help in this matter. The head of ITS endorsed a letter being sent to the room bookings department informing them of ITS sponsoring Humbug. On the 4/01/2010 Russell sent the Exec an email informing us of the room bookings along with the details of the room bookings. These were then posted to the list and published on the wiki. I have now made plans to apply for room bookings in March for the rest of the year.

'''Meeting Numbers:''' Approx numbers are 15 on average. We have had about one fresh member.

==== Membership Report ====

'''Numbers:''' We have currently 35 members of which there is only one is a new member. Since the last exec meeting there have been four people who have joined up of which only one has been a new member.

==== Contacts ====
I was contact by one person since the last Exec meeting. I have forwarded the private emails and my replies to the private exec list as the contact was made in private.