[H-GEN] external USB drive

Nick Kwiatkowski nickolas at au1.ibm.com
Wed Dec 15 01:56:50 EST 2010

Russell Stuart wrote on 15/12/2010 04:39:49 PM:

> Windows 7 is too heavy netbooks and tablets, doesn't exist for ARM based
> processors.

Wish it was true, but it is not. This isn't authoritative, but you get the
picture --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded

> Because of the rise and rise of smart phones, TV's, digital
> photo frames, media players, routers and utility devices like this if it
> isn't already true that more consumer devices are shipped with Linux on
> them than Windows, it will be dammed soon.

Some of my colleagues went to a presentation recently, between iPhone OS /
Android / Windows 7. This market segment is being fought over, and
Microsoft is still competing strongly. The recent lawsuits against Google
are an indication that this will be a hot topic, with mobile devices the
driving factor.

Regards

Nickolas Kwiatkowski
 348 Edward Street