[H-GEN] external USB drive

Nick Kwiatkowski nickolas at au1.ibm.com
Wed Dec 15 01:06:27 EST 2010

Russell Stuart wrote on 15/12/2010 03:39:54 PM:

> Bugger.  It was the HTML frames that fooled me.  The link should have
> been:
>
> http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?
> id=10&id2=126&bid=5&sid=57095
>
> > I'm a big fan of the QNAP devices (http://www.qnap.com/): quick,
> > nice UI, ssh shell, good community support - linux based of course.
>
> They are all based on Linux as far as I can tell.  QNAP is more
> expensive.   Generally that also means faster.

When I was researching into this when I brought my QNAP (3 years ago now),
the were a few embedded Windows devices around. Price was one factor, but
what got me was the fact there was an active community of hackers :) that
the company encouraged rather than compete against.

Regards

Nickolas Kwiatkowski
 348 Edward Street

Brisbane Architecture Practice Manager