[H-GEN] Non cash payment - was Re: Constitutional changes I will be proposing at the AGM

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Aug 25 23:57:07 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 11:41 -0400, Robert Brockway wrote:
> I'm all for that but have two thoughts:
>
> (a) Who's going to code it?

I am working on it, and perhaps other members are doing the same thing
in parallel.  This is hopelessly inefficient of course, but there is no
guarantee any of these implementation will see the light of day so a bit
of redundancy is not a bad thing.

We are all using django, so when it is done it shouldn't be hard to copy
work between then.

> (b) What sort of merchant fees are involved?

Depends on the merchant, which hasn't been finalised.  Some take a
percentage, some a fixed amount for each transfer out, some charge a
monthly fee and of course most do a combination.

> I'd also like to see multi-year sign ups allowed.  This offers both
> convenience and allows the member to join up at today's rate not a future
> rate.  The advantage to the club is more money now, at the expense of
> later.

Err, we will see.  Perhaps not in revision 1.