[H-GEN] Non cash payment - was Re: Constitutional changes I will be proposing at the AGM

Daniel Devine devine at ddevnet.net
Wed Aug 25 21:16:24 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Robert Brockway
<robert at timetraveller.org> wrote:
> (a) Who's going to code it?
>
> (b) What sort of merchant fees are involved?
>
> I'd also like to see multi-year sign ups allowed.

a. HUMBUG is going to write it. Stephen has already layed down a bit
of Django code and I intend to help develop it too. I am currently
working on my own Django project (slowly, over the past few months but
I am confident this project will actually get finished unlike the vast
majority of mine) and when Stephen, Greg or Russell start to work on
the code I will have enough experience with Django to help.

b. I think I heard that Russell did some research into merchant fees,
but I have not see his notes.

c. Hell yeah, and there is no reason why the system could not do
multi-year sign-ups. In fact it would be harder *not* to do multi-year
sign-ups.