[H-GEN] draft minutes

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Thu Sep 24 14:47:07 EDT 2009

Hi,
   I'm sorry but after taking a number of looks at your minutes and
feeling unwell at the sight I just can't keep my mouth shut any more.

I don't care about pretty I care about readable and your minutes
simply aren't readable. I respect that in your view you "own" the page
but it's a wiki and therefore should be readable even if it's not \
plain text.

If you want a pure plain text version then by all means create one
but you should a the very least make the version on the wiki readable
and easy to follow. Take a look at the 2009 AGM minutes. Easy to read
and very clear. I can find just about anything I want in a matter of
seconds.

Another thing about the 2009 AGM minutes is it's mostly plain text
readable. The only "non plain text stuff" is the tables (which under
plain text aren't very readable) and the inline stuff as well as the
table of contents. The rest of the text is all pretty much plain text
with no real markup.  Surely it's not that hard to do or to work with.

The other point I would like to make is that while you seem to have
most have included most of the points they are not very clear. Please
expand on some of the points as it would be nice to be clear on what had
happened in the meeting.

An example of this is in the case of Marks response to Elice Wu's
question:

"[cr] Elice Wu would like to know if direct deposit is possible.
ACTION: treasuer to put details on the account"

Huh? Did he say that direct debit was okay? If so what was needed
to make direct debit work? What information was required? What was
Mark going to do.

Clinton the meeting ran for about 3 hours and we went through a heck of
a lot of agenda items it is therefore okay that you expend more than just
one sentence explaining the result and having something like the 2009
AGM minutes would allow you to include the details and yet still have a very
readable wiki page.

That's my 2c.

Matthew Franklin.