[H-GEN] looking for colo in Bris

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Thu Sep 24 08:10:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,

We're looking for colo in Brisbane:
2x2RU 900mm deep, 2x2 power, 2x2 ethernet, 50-100GB/month, at least a handful of IPs.
(the exact hw is 2x IBM x346)

The pricing schemes, outdated feature differentiation, and nonfunctional websites of not just some but actually most Bris colo companies are giving me great hope that they're technically competent.
(professionally we have sometimes to deal with, for instance, hosting companies that have great websites. they're compensating.)

I've seen PHP errors, charging per CPU (I'm confident someone will go #transistors), recommendation from Jason Andrade @ Planet Mirror (really shows how up to date they are ;-), and stepwise data amounts up to a massive 10G/month. It's all quite fantastic.

Anyway, sane or at least realistic suggestions/recommendations/offers welcome, contact me over email first place. OQ is happy to pay a decent price for a decent service offer.

Alternatively, also happy to trade in-kind: some GBs and power in return for MySQL expertise.
We don't *necessarily* need a DC for these servers, they mainly need to be out of ear and heating range (currently only one running, in office - was nice in winter for the warmth).

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org