[H-GEN] Fwd: Update of "Exec/Minutes/20090919" by RaymondSmith

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Sep 16 20:26:12 EDT 2009

People,

Just a reminder this wiki page is planning document for the Exec.  It is
essentially a private we the exec members get to place items we want to
discuss.  Up till now, the rest of Humbug hasn't been able to view this
process.  Now you can.

However, please treat it with the same deference you would treat say,
the agenda of your local council meeting.  If you want items added to
the councils agenda you must do so via one sitting members.  And so it
is for your humble Humbug Exec.  Unlike your local council, people who
attend the Exec meetings are always allowed to have their say.  This
give you another way of bring up new points without putting them on the
agenda.

Ray, I have changed the agenda to say I will raise the discussion point
on your behalf.  Personally, I think this is something the SysAdmins,
lead by the SysAdmin god (librarian), should sort out themselves.
Assuming the SysAdmin list is open, anyone can join in the discussion.
I'd rather not tie up Exec meeting with the minutiae of SysAdmining a
server.

Regarding the "initial controversy": the initials are there so the
meeting chairman knows who to hand the floor to during the meeting.
While I appreciate your concern over the confusion that might arise,
there are only 5 people who can raise agenda items.  If I am so far into
my dotage that I can't remember their initials, the formatting of the
wiki will be the least of my problems.