[H-GEN] Planet Humbug - time to retire or fix

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Tue Sep 8 17:38:50 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 19:29 +1000, James Iseppi wrote:
> I can find one issue that was not resolved in an ideal timeframe, and that
> was in relation to the meeting.humbug.org.au domain. Any issues sent
> to the address prior to that date could have gone anywhere, and were
> most definitely not going to a mailing list, just an email address
> acting as an alias for several people.

I can't comment because I have not use my newfound powers to look at the
SysAdmin list yet, but I assume that you are right as you typically are.
I admit I was repeating second hand information and that is not good.
In my defence, the comments came from people on the list, and as the
list is private there was no way for me to verify what they had said.

> I cannot find anyone reporting the issue of planet HUMBUG not working
> anywhere in the archives of the sysadmin mailing list, nor has it been
> mentioned to anyone who could fix it until last Saturday night. So my
> first question would be, why has no one told us (ie. the Sysadmin's)
> that it's not working? It's really hard to fix something that you
> don't use yourself when no one tells you it's broken.

That is because when I reported it the first time I, like most humbug
members, was not aware there was a SysAdmin list.  So I mentioned to
Stephen, who gave it a prod.  But it turned out it only updated once.
My excuse for reporting it the same way the second time (verbally to
Stephen) was that Stephen acted promptly, so why not do it that way
again?

> I've now fixed it (I hope)

Fantastic!