[H-GEN] World of Goo selling great under the "Pay what you want" model (closed source, but hear me out)

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Oct 25 18:51:27 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-24 at 15:23 +1000, Daniel Devine wrote:
> I have only just heard about this today, but World of Goo, a VERY fun
> cross platform and DRM free puzzle game (Linux supported as a first
> class citizen) is giving people the opportunity to buy the full
> version for however much they see fit - from $1 to $99999999.

As a person who purchased the game when they were selling it for USD$5,
I can testify it is very pleasant way to waste time without being wildly
addictive.  Its one of the few times I felt like I definitely got my
monies worth out of a piece of commercial software.

If anyone wants to - they can try it on my laptop at the next Humbug
meeting.  You can even have the .deb I built for it - if you can prove
to me you paid for it.